Saturday, April 2, 2016

Create Your Own Civilization Curriculum Overview

2/29

Where Do I Live KWL
Me on the Map activity
What is a neighborhood?
Following a map/directionality


3/2

Map of my room
Regions of the USA/Mapwork
Create a brochure for a region of the United States

3/7

Using grids to find locations on a map
 NSEW dice game
Following a map of the zoo
Continents on the map
Roll a map game
Read aloud (I Need My Own Country)
My own country planning sheet/tourism ad


3/9-

Brainstorm: what is archaeology?
Digging for chocolate chips archaeologist activity
Brainstorm: what do we know about civilizations and ancient civilizations?
Read Aloud: Ancient Egypt
Mummy making project
Read aloud (Weslandia)
My own civilization planning sheet

3/16-

Create civilization crests/flags
Create your city layout/blueprints

3/21-


Construct our own civilizations

3/23- 

Field trip to Pretend City

No comments:

Post a Comment